Thursday, December 5, 2013

Filling in the gap

Almost 2 years since we updated this blog. Countless events have happened. Both happy and sad. More happy than sad. :)

The result was positive and I had a terrible season of throwing up during the first 5 months of pregnancy. Lost 3kg in the first trimester and was craving Penang food. Some days was just unbearable, drinking water and throwing up water. But thank God, things got better... 

During the last trimester, we found out that my amniotic fluid was very low, almost to the critical level. I had to drink 3 litres of water everyday. I tried... had lots of coconut water too. We prayed. The ladies group prayed for us. The amniotic fluid maintained. We did not have to go through an early birth. Because of the low fluid, the baby did not have enough space to turn around. It was going to be a c-sec birth because the baby was in breach position (tho I really wanted to try natural birth). The hubs was afraid of any danger and was in agreement for a c-sec.

In the 2 weeks of pregnancy, I developed PUPPP (Pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy) - very itchy skin and rashes on my legs, butt and abdomen... gosh it was really unbearable. To the extent I couldn't sleep at night and only felt better when taking a very warm bath.

On 3 November 2012,  this cute pretty little girl was born at 38 weeks of pregnancy via c-sec by Dr. Nguyen Huu Trung and the little girl's daddy. Mummy was waiting to hold daddy's hands during the operation but daddy as a surgeon himself was more interested to watch how you were coming out! (Well, to his defense, i think I would too).

Nguyen Kim Ly Kimberly
All the pregnancy stress was over..... my skin got better.... and we just kept staring at you all day....


No comments:

Post a Comment